[self-interest] Any Amber alike Self?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 05:53:42 UTC 2012

I haven't found anything like that yet. I've been thinking about using a PEG to do Self to JavaScript "compiler," but alas, my knowledge of Self remains insufficient.

I would call it Elf. JS Elf. JSElf.

FWIW, this is something I've been thinking about for some time, but finding time to develop an intimate understanding of Self has been hard:(

The most difficult parts to do, AFAICT, would seem to be the object memory (snapshot? What's that? etc) and making the UI work in a performant way with the canvas or something.

I suppose you could use the DOM, but... yuck.