[self-interest] Paper on Traits.

ungar at mac.com ungar at mac.com
Sun Sep 25 18:13:39 UTC 2011

Small correction:

When I started using "traits", I don't think I knew about Adele's work.
I used the term because it had to do with inheritance, and I was going with a biological metaphor.
That's how I remember it. Maybe I'll ask Randy about it.

"mixins" was borrowed from some MIT Lisp work. But ours were far simpler (and less powerful).

I believe when "traits" was resurrected later in the OOPSLA papers, they were influenced by Self, according my recollection of conversations with authors.

- David