[self-interest] Re: New build of Self snapshot: Self-4.5.prealpha-15Sep11

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Fri Sep 16 22:50:29 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

Your snapshot works on Ubuntu 9.x and 10.x but breaks on 11.04.

Unfortunately, Ubuntu have removed may of the 'standard' fonts like Helvetica and Courier from the old core fonts subsystem and have moved them into the Xft font subsystem which our VM doesn't use.

If you diff the results of running xlsfonts on your system with the attached file from 11.04 you will see how much is missing.

- Russell