[self-interest] Self VM on 64 bits ?

David Ungar ungar at me.com
Thu Sep 15 16:50:27 UTC 2011

What a great idea! No one is working on that, AFAIK. When we started Self, the VM was written for the 32-bit 68k. Later, we ported to SPARC, then I did a PPC port, then I ported it to the Intel architecture, IIRC. I would love to see someone pick up the mantle, and join Russell. Whoever does, will learn a lot!

-- David (tapped out on my iPhone; blame it for any typoze;-)