[self-interest] Error: module object: <0> has no name .

Jan-Paul Bultmann janpaulbultmann at me.com
Mon Sep 5 21:12:40 UTC 2011

Hey,
I can only speculate what goes wrong, maybe the guys just getting up, there over the big pond now a bit more ;)

Normaly Self identifies its objects by the place they are found in the Lobby, to give them the name, so when you get "a slots object" this means that it is not registered somewhere with  or as a proto.

Secondly, modules are normally generated not by Lobby inheritance (as you seem to assume when you state that the module Object looks the same as the other)
but they are (additonally? sorry I never got that deep^^) expressed in slot annotations.
As the transporter doesn't group objects into modules but slots. This is so that you can modify std Objects and ship those Modifications with your App.

I hope this helps at least a little bit :)

Btw, if you like you could take a look at the #self-lang channel for some chat and insta debugging help :) (or open jabber where I already spammed you :P)

Cheers Jan
On Sep 5, 2011, at 5:55 PM, Mildred Ki'Lya wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm trying to hack the klein application, and I added a new "assemblerSystems llvm" object. I set its parent* to "assemblerSystems framework" and set the slot parent* to be in a new module asmLLVM which I set to be a child of asmKit.
>
> Everything seems fine. If I look at the changed modules, I get asmKit and asmLLVM. I both write them to the disk and close the image.
>
> Next session, I load the klein/vmKits.self file (I suppose it's the parent module for all other modules) ... and I get a strange error:
>
> Error: module object: <0> has no name .
> Receiver is: a slots object.
>
> Apparently, a new module got inserted in the registery ..

I assume you mean Lobby by this :)?