[self-interest] Re: UnitTests

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 01:00:02 UTC 2011

I have to largely agree.  The new "cool kids" are looking at different languages than Java, but nothing has quite stuck yet.  There is Ruby, Closure, and many others vying for mindshare.  In many shops JavaScript is doing well and is a prototype based language.  Using it on the server is gaining ground with things like node.js.  Of course the environment is totally different than the smalltalk/self concept of programming.

Michael