[self-interest] What does @ mean in Self?

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Thu Feb 24 04:54:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Russell Allen wrote:

> On 24/02/2011, at 10:34 AM, ungar at mac.com wrote:
>
> > Just another binary selector.
> >

> > On Feb 23, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Duke Normandin wrote:
> >

> >> From the Tutorial:
> >>
> >> 23.1 @ 40.4
> >> "send @ to 23.1 with arg 40.4"
> >>
> >> I cannot seem to find a definition of what the @ symbol means in
> >> Self.
>
> You should be able to highlight the @ in a text box and click to get
> a menu. Choose the option 'implementors' to get a list of all the
> implementations of that method. Choose 'senders' to see how the
> method is used by other objects.

I did as you suggested! At this point in my exposure to Self, the
experience was less than rewarding. No matter! I now know how to
"research" things in Self. The output of selecting 'senders' went off
the radar it was so large. How does one scroll in an output Morph like
that? Would have been nice if the window had has a scroll bar. The
Garbage Collector was working overtime while the output was being sent
to my screen. What was all that about?

--
Duke