[self-interest] What does @ mean in Self?

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Thu Feb 24 04:02:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Chris Double wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> wrote:
> >
> > Where in the docs is this found? TIA...
>
> Points/Pairs are described here:
>
> http://docs.selflanguage.org/pairs.html
>
> See 'Constructing' on this page for @:
>
> http://docs.selflanguage.org/appendices.html#syntax-overview

Thanks Chris! Exactly what this noob needed.

Your reply brings to mind another question though. I kinda asked it
previously, in a different context.

IYO, which Self documentation should an OOP noob read first? I'm
currently reading the "Prototype-Based Application Construction Using
SELF 4.0" but it seems, IMO, to assume previous knowledge of at least
Smalltalk. Should I be wading through the "Self Handbook" first? Some
other docs? TIA ...

--
Duke
A: Why is top posting frowned upon?