[self-interest] Selecting more than 1 Submorphs?

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Fri Feb 18 17:20:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Jan-Paul Bultmann wrote:

> Sorry hard week :D

No worries! I thought that you had removed yourself to Southern Spain
for a long, and I'm sure, well-deserved vacation :)

> On Feb 18, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Duke Normandin wrote:

> > > I'm afraid that you've lost me. Let's take a concrete example:
> > >
> > > In the Demo Snap, above the "radar screen & Navigator", are three
> > > lines of text:
> > >
> > > [quote]
> > > Use these buttons
> > > to move around in
> > > this large flat space.
> > > [/quote]
> > >
> > > Question: Is it possible to use "the inherited properties" of this
> > > example, to change the font used for "all" the text content of the
> > > Demo?
> >

> Yes it should be, though I don't know at what spot they will have
> the same ancestors and if some children reimplemen stuff. (e.g
> override)

OK. I've tried to find the inherited "font" for the example text
above, but without any luck. However, I do understand your caution
that the "children" may re-define the font to soemthing else.

> > > If I place the mouse pointer on "Use these buttons", and right click,
> > > I get a menu from which I select Submorphs. I then select labelMorphs,
> > > and I get another menu from which I select "Outliner".
> > >
> > > Question: Am I on the right track so far?
> >

> Yes you are, in the outliner you can go and explore the different
> slots/methods the object has.  The technique clarified by Cris will
> help you :)

You bet! I printed _that_ email! :)

Thanks for your thoughts!
--