[self-interest] Selecting more than 1 Submorphs?

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Wed Feb 16 14:44:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Jan-Paul Bultmann wrote:

> On 16.02.2011, at 08:40, Jan-Paul Bultmann <janpaulbultmann at me.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 16.02.2011, at 06:26, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> wrote:
> >

> >> How do I go about selecting more than one labelMorph from the
> >> Submorphs menu? The Submorph contains numerous lines of text. I want
> >> to select them all, and change some of their common properties - like
> >> the font type and font color.
>
> > You have two options im my opinion :)
> > 1.
> > Find out what Prototype and Traits those similar objects have and
> > manipulate them. everything new created will now look as desired,
> > if prototypes were changed as well, otherwise everything will
> > change ediately.
> > 2.
> > Morphs are kept in a tree, whereas the elements you want propably
> > have a similar path from the node that is the menu you want to
> > change the font of.  You could filter the objects you want and
> > then map the manipulation over them.

> Srry my iPhone killed some sense :)

> When changing prototypes, only new objects change unless coppied
> down. Traits will, die to some abstractions in inheritance, pass on
> manipulations imediately.

The Submorphs/Labelmorphs that I want to change the fonts, etc for, is
the text that make up the "Bank Account" tutorial in the Demo snap. SO
what I should be looking for (and mining upwards) is some item in the
Labelmorphs "Traits" that deals with "fonts", in order to get an
immediate change? Afterwards, i would save the Demo snap to make the
changes permanent?

BTW, I did apply the MorphicFacelift code! However, that seemed to
have changed only the "system" menus, and not the contents (of the
Demo for example). Thanks for your input!
--
Duke