[self-interest] Self code at Bluish Coder

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Wed Feb 9 23:06:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> wrote:
> Shows Self code that appear to be written "long-hand", like with
> emacs. is writing Self code that way - outside the GUI environment -
> possible?

It's possible to write Self code like this and it's how I originally
started using Self to learn the language (vs learning the
environment). You can even run Self without the GUI (for use on a
server for example).

> Advisable? Not recommended? I suppose that one would have
> had to have committed to memory, all the built-in prototypes,
> etc. Just curious ...

You can use the GUI and enter the raw Self code in an evaluator and
get the best of both worlds. Even editing files in emacs with Self
code and using _RunScript or 'bootstream read: From:' to load the
files.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz