[self-interest] How is "a slots object" created

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Wed Feb 9 19:57:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> wrote:
> From where? The Self tutorial? Maybe I haven't got that far yet,
> because I don't recall reading something to that affect.

In any outliner you'll see a 'E' symbol on the top right, in between
the '^' and 'X'. This opens an 'evaluator' for that object. In this
evaluator you can type expressions, run them, and get the results in
the hand to put somewhere in the world.

For example, open the evaluator by pressing 'E'. Type '(| |)' and
click 'Get it'. You can then drop this empty object somewhere. You can
see this in action in a short video I did demonstrating images in
Self:

http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/2009/07/27/displaying-images-with-self.html

Chris.
--