Please help with SELF installation

Prescilla c.prescilla at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 11:40:33 UTC 2011

Hello there. My name is Ms. Prescilla and I am writing to ask for help
with SELF installation. I have been searching the web for days now
trying to find help with the installation but to no avail.

I have not used SELF before and I need to try it now because I am
required (school project) to write an interpreter for it.

I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10. I have downloaded the self VM and
snapshot installers from this link:

http://selflanguage.org/download/index.html

I have downloaded Self-4.4.tar.gz and Demo.snap. When I extracted the
Self-4.4.tar.gz, I got a folder with 4 files in it: ._INSTALL,
.INSTALL, .SELF and ._SELF. I tried to open/run all 4 but nothing
happened. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I am missing
something.

Please if anyone can help me, please please send me a message. I would
really really appreciate it.

Thank you and have a nice day. God Bless.

Prescilla