SELF Installation...please help!

Prescilla c.prescilla at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 10:44:08 UTC 2011

Hello everyone! I am a new member. The reason I'm here is because I am required (project) to write an interpreter on SELF. I have not tried this programming language yet. I need to experience programming with self before I can create an interpreter.

My concern is that I cannot install Self! I am using Windows 7 and have installed Linux Ubuntu since SELF is for Linux and Mac only. My current OS is Ubuntu 9.10. I got the VM and snapshot installers from this link:

http://selflanguage.org/download/index.html

When I tried to open this (Self-4.4.tar.gz) folder with archiver. I got a folder with 4 files: INSTALL, ._INSTALL, .SELF and ._SELF. I tried to open all 4 but nothing happens!

Please if anyone can help me with SELF installation, send me a message. I would really really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance. Have a nice day.