[self-interest] Making morphic look nicer

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Sat Feb 5 23:17:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Jan-Paul Bultmann wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2011, at 7:29 AM, Russell Allen wrote:
>
> > [Attachment(s) from Russell Allen included below]
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > One thing I would like 4.5 to do is look and feel a bit more modern.
> >

> > I've been trying out some small adjustments to fonts, spacing,
> > colours etc and have a snapshot at
> >
> > http://selflanguage.org/files/releases/4.5/experimental/050211.snap
> >

> > Try it out and let me know how it looks. It should look much
> > better on Mac than Linux, I'm afraid, but I'm working on that.
> >
> > The aim is to make incremental changes that add up to default
> > niceness. I don't think it is particularly practical to do a whole
> > themeing engine at the moment, there's too much cruft to
> > uncruft. But of course don't let me stop you if you want to try it!
>
> Looks pretty rad. A bit too much space for my taste :D

Admittedly, I don't know what I'm doing - too new to Self - hardly no
experience with Squeak.

However, when I load the experimental snap, all I get is several
vertical "boxes", or whatever. I can't raise _any_ menu. Can't even
quit the snap. Am I missing something?
--
Duke Normandin
Turner Valley, Alberta, Canada