[self-interest] dynamic deoptimization (was: ARM?)

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Sat Dec 10 21:35:52 UTC 2011

Good point. Another is exception handling itself. It is hard to debug when stack frames are unwound by exceptions. But, if the semantic is to add a stack frame for the exception handler, it gets easier to debug. Having the ui spawn threads rather than a single event loop also makes quite a difference. It would be good to summarize the features of self lacking in current environments, both as marketing and project guidance.

Michael