[self-interest] ARM?

Thorsten Dittmar thormar at me.com
Thu Dec 8 17:30:29 UTC 2011

Hello folks,

I had a short private discussion with Gordon about that topic. Specially about the topic if it makes sense to port self as it is to ARM or if it would be better to get Klein up and running. Of course, it would be funny to have self on a table or so, but from my point of view this would cause a lot of changes across the complete system and we would spend a lot of time with C++ code.

I would be willing to finance the Klein implementation… of course, it depends on the price and the quality.

Is guess we will need three kind of people

first group:
the folks with the money. I'm the first one. I would be happy if somebody else will join

second group:
the quality guards. I have an allergy against C++, so I can not really evaluate the code… ok ok, it is not really an allergy, I'm just to stupid to it
I would sleep much better, if some of the old hands would take over this part.

third group:
the code junkies

So, I made the first step by entering the first group. Is somebody will to accede my or one of the other groups?

best regards

thorsten

(btw: I can pay in Euros or Dollars ;-)