[self-interest] DSelf extensions & process model changes

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Mon Apr 11 10:13:02 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

My question is whether you want to make the language Self worlds use to speak to themselves the same language as web browsers use to speak to servers. It sounds attractive but will it be limiting?

One idea I have had is if we added an interface to the ZeroMQ library we could build a messaging system with multiple transports and both call-response and multicasting of messages, and then for web apps just put Mongrel2 or similar on the front of it.  It would be really nice if a single messaging mechanism could handle all IO from a running Self world but that might be too much to ask for. :)

Russell