[self-interest] Comments & UI

Jan-Paul Bultmann janpaulbultmann at me.com
Tue Nov 2 22:20:37 UTC 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 12:07 AM, Russell Allen wrote:

> Hey Jan,
>
> I agree the current look and feel needs an overhaul, but it's not what I'd
> try first as it is a big job to do it properly!
>
> There's a morphic chapter in the handbook at docs.selflanguage.org which
> is probably a place to start learning about how morphic in Self works.
>
> What would be really interesting and useful (and actually doable in the
> short term) would be writing some notes on what you're learning about the
> system as you investigate it. If you want you could make them blogposts on
> the Self blog, or just post them to the mailing list...

I'll see what I can do :D
I'm currently shifting towards one feature I think I have to do :): Zooming
As I drill down the slot hierarchies, the screen gets really cluttered, zooming would solve this once and for all.
I am still thinking how this could be done though, maybe some intermediate object, between world morph and the rest, to still get the hand morph right... I wish they had done that...
           Window
        hand    word <- just play with the scale

                      rest