Distributed Objects

Jan-Paul Bultmann janpaulbultmann at me.com
Mon Dec 27 21:12:19 UTC 2010

Hey,
I realized that remote message sending between Objects of different worlds would come in pretty handy.
Transporting Object live would become trivial and we could do networking entirely in self without inventing protocols.
It was one of the powerful things that next introduced, in its lightweight form.

So has something like this been tried and worked on before?
Doing it for unary messages would be trivial, but once you put argument objects in there it gets nasty.

Cheers Jan