[self-interest] Klein, ARM and Self Hardware

Jason Grossman spam-me at xeny.net
Tue Dec 14 14:55:59 UTC 2010

On 15/12/2010, at 1:51 AM, Jan-Paul Bultmann wrote:

> The other thing is, maybe we should pick a device and make it the main supported platform for self.
> I was thinking about something like this
> http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/products/touchbook.htm

It might be good to focus on one platform, but I don't think it should be a touchpad.  Self would have to change a LOT to be useable without a mouse.  See http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/07/ballmer-and-microsoft-still-doesnt-get-the-ipad.ars for some examples of how an environment has to be designed for touch interaction.  This is something Apple's been able to (and had to) put a bazillion person-hours into for the iPad OS.

Jason