[self-interest] Anyone have a copy of Kevo?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Dec 11 14:39:46 UTC 2010

Russell,

> Does anyone know whether there is a copy of the Antero Taivalsaari's
> 'Kevo' programming language floating around anywhere, and whether
> it would still be possible to run it?

I might have, but it will take me a while to find it. You need to be
able to run old Mac 68K executables to use this. Though this entry is
from 1993, so it might run on PowerMacs:

-----------
language:	Kevo (Forth-like)
package:	kevo
version:	0.9b6
parts:		interpreter, demo programs, user's guide, papers
author:		Antero Taivalsaari <tsaari at cs.uta.fi>
location:	ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/kevo/
		Macintosh Kevo features a unique prototype-based object model
		(which is based neither on classes nor Self-style delegation),
		multitasking (both preemptive and cooperative), dynamic memory
		management, and an icon-based object browser and editor modeled
		loosely after Mac Finder. Kevo has been built around a portable
		threaded code interpreter, and is syntactically a close
		derivative of Forth.
ports:		Macintosh
contact:	kevo-interest at ursamajor.uvic.ca
updated:	1993/05/18