[self-interest] Running Self headless?

Chris Double chris at double.co.nz
Tue Jul 21 02:08:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Russell Allen<mail at russell-allen.com> wrote:
> Not sure.  I need to go through all those image building scripts and check
> they are still working (and maybe refactor them into a single script with
> parameters).
> (Unless you want to do it for me :) :)

The Linux one needs some tweaks to work on my Linux distro (Arch
Linux). I had to change bin/src/makeDeps.cpp:

# ifdef __linux__
-#   include <c++/4.1/new>
+#   include <new>
 # endif

In /bin/src/MakefileBinList I change the linker line for skipComments
and removeUnderscore to use -lfl rather than -ll (I use flex). I also
installed tcsh since one of the scripts seems to rely on it.

With those changes Self built fine using the buildLinuxVM shell
script. I can prepare a patch or put a commit on github if you want
these.

> If you build an image from scratch with 'all2.self' _RunScript and save it
> without first doing a 'desktop open' it will also be a 'headless' image.  It
> will have the ui objects in there, but they don't take up much space.

Thanks, this worked fine.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz