[self-interest] Self Website - selflanguage.org

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Jan 28 17:46:36 UTC 2009

Russell Allen wrote:
> As part of an effort to get Self moving again and as a precursor to a
> new release, we now have a new official Self website at:
>
> http://selflanguage.org

I have added this to http://www.merlintec.com:8080/Self and have
re-enabled editing for this swiki (I had locked it a few years ago due
to spam). There is a lot of outdated information there (it says 4.2 is
the latest release, for example) so it might be better to have
everything in a central place by copying anything interesting from there
to your new site. And also everything from the Sun site to the new one.

On a related issue, about a week ago my old university deleted my web
pages (at least it seems so, and given that I left 10 years ago it was
to be expected) so I have been changing all
http://www.lsi.usp.br/~jecel/ references to
http://www.merlintec.com/lsi/ (my mirror). Note that since September
2008 my project is no longer based on Self (Neo Smalltalk, previously
called Self/R) but on Squeak Smalltalk instead. That doesn't mean that
my interest in Self is any less than before, however.