[self-interest] Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and..

Jeremiah S. Junken jjunken at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:46:48 UTC 2009

It may have something to do with familiarity. Self and IO are both
extremely simple, and for people familiar with either one, learning the
other is fairly simple -- but for people who have not started out with
something like Smalltalk, or a functional language, it's definitely a
bit of an alien landscape with a learning curve

There's conceptual simplicity and practical simplicity -- the latter has
a lot to do with familiarity.

My 2 cents in debased currency.

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 10:59 -0700, Randy Smith wrote:

> I'm pleased you say "I agree that the language it simple -
> semantically" as that was the intended claim. Maybe we should put
> that in the title, but it makes it little clunky sounding.

[snip]
[snip -- pwd vs. self ]