[self-interest] Linux: "Self 1" X I/O Error .. aborting process.

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Thu Sep 11 03:27:18 UTC 2008

Hi Erik,

I'm assuming you're using the linux vm from gliebe.de/self - or have you
compiled your own from the sourceforge.net cvs tree?

Something seems to have changed in recent Ubuntus (Ubunti? :) that breaks
the integration between X11 and the vm - I've been looking at it but
haven't had time to nail it down.

If you have time and the setup it would be great if you could try it on
some other distributions (older Ubuntu versions, or Fedora or Suse)

If you want to run Self on linux (or windows) immediately you could try
the premade VMWare image (which is Ubuntu 5.10, btw).

Cheers,

Russell