Self at Sourceforge CVS Tree

Adam Spitz adam.spitz at gmail.com
Fri May 30 04:19:38 UTC 2008

--- In self-interest at yahoogroups.com, "russell.allen23" <mail at ...> wrote:

> Looking through the cvs tree at sourceforge I see
> that it includes a bunch of stuff not released
> elsewhere (afaik) including PEP and webBrowser.
>
> Is this intended to be released under the MIT
> licence that the rest of Self is under or is this
> just an artifact of all the stuff being dumped
> into CVS?

I just asked Dave about this, and he said he thinks it's probably fine. I wouldn't worry
about it.

> Also I note the makefile put in at bin/linux about
> 5 months ago - does this mean the VM will now
> compile under linux?

That's a good question. :) I think it might. I know Dave was working on getting the latest
version of Self running under Linux (and he says he thinks it should work now), but I don't
have a Linux machine myself, so I haven't been able to try it.

Feel like giving it a shot and letting me know how it works out? :) If it does, we should get
some new packages built and put them up on the Download page.

Adam