[self-interest] Remove modules?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Jun 13 19:54:35 UTC 2008

Russell Allen wrote on Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:39:17 +1000:
> So I have worked out that I can load my module with:
> bootstrap read: 'webserver' from: 'applications'
> and file it out with:
> modules webserver fileOut
> Is there any way to remove my module from the image, reverting to a nice, clean webserver-less image?

I don't think this has been implemented. Given the annotations that
every module has, this should be a lot easier to do than when you file
in stuff with random expressions. Though a single module doesn't save
the values it modified when loading, if you could look at all other
modules and the initial values they define you should be able to figure
out how to restore stuff. But this would require knowing the exact order
in while all present modules were loaded in case multiple modules
changed the same thing with different values.

This, of course, is the general case. For the typical case a new module
only adds stuff without changing what was there before. Removing that
should be pretty simple.