Self at Sourceforge CVS Tree

Adam Spitz adam.spitz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 04:21:19 UTC 2008

--- In self-interest at yahoogroups.com, "russell.allen23" <mail at ...> wrote:

> I have Ubuntu set up on Vmware on my mac, and have checked out the sf.net
> cvs tree, but frankly am a bit daunted by where to start compiling.
>
> In linux I would expect the standard gnuish ./configure; make; make install but I'm not
> sure where to start with Self.
>
> I don't suppose there is a recipe out there of the 'go to vm/linux and make
> interpreter' sort to get me started?

For now, if I had to guess, I'd say try something like:

add $SELF_WORKING_DIR/bin/linux and $SELF_WORKING_DIR/bin/shell to your path
be sure you've got csh installed
cd $SELF_WORKING_DIR/bin/linux; make
cd $SELF_WORKING_DIR/vm/linux/generated; make lists
cd $SELF_WORKING_DIR/vm/linux/optimized; make

I'm trying to get myself a Linux machine over here, so I can play with this myself. Haven't
gotten it set up yet, though.

Adam