[self-interest] Public and private visibility in Self

J. Baltasar García Perez-Schofield jbgarcia at uvigo.es
Fri Jan 11 18:20:29 UTC 2008

	Dear Jecel:

> Then I won't remove the filter's comment from the subject. I don't know
> if that will help or make things worse.

	Yes, that's true ;-). Thank you.

> The people who actually made the changes for Self 3.0 would have to
> comment on this.

	Yep, that would be fantastic.

> Normal sends didn't see private slots but self sends
> did, even if these slots were inherited. And any object could change
> itself to inherit from you at runtime, so it would have full access to
> all of your slots no matter what their privacy declarations were. It was
> felt that something better would have to be developed.

	That was the explanation I was exactly looking for. Thank you very
much.

	My motivation about all of this was to decide if it could be any
problem about the privacy feature of my own project, Zero:

	http://trevinca.ei.uvigo.es/~jgarcia/TO/zero/

	Provided Zero does only support simple inheritance, and that it doesn't
show thta problems, I assume I'm safe.

	Salud !

		Baltasar

--
PBC -- J. Baltasar García Perez-Schofield
jbgarcia en uvigo de es  http://webs.uvigo.es/jbgarcia/