[self-interest] xcode problems installing Klein

Adam Spitz adam.spitz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 20:35:45 UTC 2006

I'm not sure what to tell you about the .xcodeproj file. I don't know much
about Mac OS "bundles." On my machine (a Powerbook running Mac OS 10.4.7),
when I download the Klein distribution from the website and double-click it
to unzip it, I can find the klein_C_code.xcodeproj file and it shows up
correctly (as a single bundle, not a directory).

Alex suggested that the problem might have something to do with different
versions of Xcode. We've been using Xcode 2.3. I don't know whether that's
likely to make a difference or not.

Is your Macintosh PowerPC-based or Intel-based? I'd be happy to send you my
kleinDebugServer executable, but I've only got a PowerPC version.

In any case, though, you shouldn't need the debug server just to browse
through the sources. At what point during the file-in process do you run
into errors? (What does the console output look like?) The postFileIn for
the vmKits module tries to run Klein's automated test suite (which requires
the debug server to be working), but by the time you get to that point, all
the Klein source code has been filed in. Assuming you've gotten to that
point, you should be able to browse through the sources (maybe after closing
the existing Self world and opening a new one) with no trouble.

Adam