Klein paper

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu May 11 17:32:18 UTC 2006

In the Squeak mailing list, Klaus Witzel mentioned the paper
"Constructing a metacircular Virtual machine in an
exploratory programming environment" by David Ungar, Adam Spitz and Alex
Ausch.

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1094865

Since I don't have an ACM account I can't see the movie or read it
online, but it was very interesting to read the abstract and I will
certainly look it up the next time I go to the library in one of the
local universities.

My previous impression was that Klein included changes to the language
while the abstract makes it sound like it is just a different
implementation of the standard Self language. In either case: good work
guys!

It would be nice if when someone publishes a paper or thesis related to
Self they would announce it here.