[self-interest] Performance figures interesting

David Ungar David.Ungar at Sun.COM
Wed May 10 04:30:00 UTC 2006

I recently ran some numbers; the SPARC Self VM was about 3x more
efficient,
clock-for-clock, than the PPC version.
Lets of reasons....
I also suspect that the Self version of the benchmark may be
"running" many more bytecodes
than the Smalltalk one--but haven't looked at this very carefully.

- David