resend (was: Multiple inheritance)

rimerenu EMIRUNER at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 11 14:30:59 UTC 2005

Hello, all!

As it is currently discussed I want to ask a question about
the performance of Self VM. While I haven't done benchmarks,
when I've run the Self VM (4.2.1) in Mac the user interface
seemed to appear rather slow. The question is does just
the user interface is slow or the Self VM is slow
(for general application programming, not just scripting)
despite the great efforts for optimization. Is current
Self VM represents the final point in optimizations
for a prototype based dynamic language or there is
still room for substantial performance improvements.

Regards,
Emir Uner

PS: I apologize if this mail comes twice because the first time
I tried it failed.