[self-interest] simplicity

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jun 29 13:30:23 UTC 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 10:54 pm, Toby Ovod-Everett wrote:
> I wonder if this is a New Jersey vs. MIT school of thought thing.  As a
> programmer, I deal with enough weirdness in the environment, without
> wanting to worry about weirdness in my language.

Then why did you write (and use?) Class::Prototyped for Perl <g>?

An explanation for the rest of you on the list:

Toby is the author of a Self-like object model for Perl. This is a module
that's available on CPAN and lets you combine regular old Perl 5 (either
without objects, or using Perl's simple object model) with slot-based
prototypes.

Since he may be the only user of this module, I should let him explain how it
works in practice.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have to say that I helped writing
Class::Prototyped, but I didn't inhale. And I quit working with Perl a long
time ago.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com