[self-interest] Downloading Mango

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Jun 25 23:29:35 UTC 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 11:29, oscar_lopez_p wrote:
> Where can I get Mango? . The link in Sun's site is broken, and I
> can't find it anywhere else.

I have a copy and could make it available if we can get permission from
Sun and Stanford (it says "copyright 1992 Sun Microsystems and
Stanford" rather than Ole Agesen). It does say "see LICENSE file for
license details", but there is no such file. Perhaps this means the
Self 4.0 license?

> I'm using SELF 4.2.1 on Mac OS X Panther . Will Mango still work in
> this version/OS ?

I used it to to add Mario's Smalltalk emulator to Self 4.1, so it worked
there. It is very generic code and doesn't include any GUI stuff, so I
wouldn't expect it to have any problems with the current release.