Saving Deltas

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Thu Jun 17 21:58:07 UTC 2004

I have a configuration management issue:

In Smalltalk you could file out all the changes made in a session,
which would allow changing system methods.  These deltas could then be
loaded into a new release of the image to apply customizations.  The
transporter seems to be more about retaining a connection between a
slot and a module.  If I change the module of all slots I modify am I
going to regret it?  When a new image is release (4.2.2? or 5.0?) will
I be able to load my module and overwrite the same slots coming from
the original module in the new image?

The more I dig into Self the more clear it is that this must not be
allowed to just die, and I am compelled to come up with some way to
make a product on top of it.

Michael