[self-interest] UI Performance Question

Ben Moseley ben_moseley at mac.com
Wed Jun 16 19:04:56 UTC 2004

I'm also curious about what type of performance people should expect to
see with Self on modern hardware. I imagine that it should be pretty
good given that it was fine (indeed faster than Smalltalk...) in it's
original days.

(I'm also seeing fairly slow performance on a G4 powerbook - under X -
and I'm pretty sure I have the latest public build).

(Not complaining - it's fantastic to have anything at all to play with
- but the current performance levels would make me think twice before
attempting anything too ambitious on my hardware).

--Ben