[self-interest] UI Performance Question

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Tue Jun 15 22:03:18 UTC 2004

Thanks for the pointer, but that does not seem to be the issue.

If I use 120 it starts to slow down, but anything less gets the same
8-10 fps.  The times are very consistent between two very different
machines: 1Ghz G4 and 2.0 Ghz G5.

Self is only taking about 5% of the CPU to get 8-10 fps.  If I could
get it to use more it would be very acceptable frame rates!

Is it the semaphores?  It looks like Self is not using OS threads so it
should not need OS semaphores.

Any other ideas or ways to track down what is the issue would be
welcome.

Michael