UI Performance Question

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Tue Jun 15 16:18:47 UTC 2004

I am new to Self but have been poking around.  The frame rate in Self
seems a bit low for me, and was poking around to find what is the
issue.  On my G4 1Ghz I get 8-10 fps, but on my dual 2.0 G5 I also get
8-10 fps.  This leads me to believe there is some attempt to make the
fps a fixed number rather than being driven as fast as possible.  But I
have not been able to locate any timer based throttling of the step
processing for activities.  Any pointers would be welcome.

Michael