[self-interest] Performance?

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Fri Jul 2 02:11:03 UTC 2004

It looks like the compiler on the Mac is not as good as that for the
Sparc.  On my 1Ghz powerbook I got the following:

47,058,823 bytecodes/sec and 17,247,597 sends/sec

which is a lot less than the 277Mhz sparc for bytecodes, but
competitive on sends.  Still not what you want when comparing to
hardware with 1/4 the clock rate.

Now I need to run the same thing on Squeak to compare on the same
hardware.  Could you point me at the squeak expression?

Michael