[self-interest] 4.2.1 not working on Panther

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Apr 14 18:11:13 UTC 2004

On Monday 12 April 2004 11:22, David Eddyshaw wrote:
> The previous (4.2) release works on my G3 iBook running Panther.
> But 4.2.1 crashes at startup with
>
> Self VM fatal error
> (/Users/adamspitz/tryingToRelease2/Working_on_VM/
> put_contents_in_Self_dir/vm/src/any/runtime/nlrSupport.cpp, line
> 172): nonLifoAbortPC is zero

I tried it yesterday on a eMac but didn't even get as far as you did
because it complained about a missing X11 library. Indeed, that machine
doesn't even have a /usr/X11R6 directory. Is this supposed to be
included in a standard Panther installation?

Version 4.2 runs just fine on that computer, so this requirement seems
to have been added in version 4.2.1.