[self-interest] Self implementation using Smalltalk

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Sep 9 02:17:52 UTC 2003

Leandro,

> Hello, I'm studing computer science and I have to implent a self
> enviroment with visualworks. Do you know where can I find
> information??
> Do you know about some implementation for Windows??

Gordon Cichon has made his old Smalltalk/V implementation available
here: http://www.self-support.com/

An interesting option is Prototalk by Christophe Dony, Jacques Malenfant
and Pierre Cointe: http://www.lirmm.fr/~dony/prototalk/

This will allow you to build several different prototype based languages
in Smalltalk, including variations of Self.

There is also Ultimardrev-Self, which is an interpreter of Self 1.0
implemented in Smalltalk 2.5 by P.Mulet and F.Rivard in 1991.

I can't seem to find it online, but if you are interested I can send you
a copy.