Problems running Self on a IBook

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.com
Sun Oct 26 08:00:35 UTC 2003

running under MacOS X. Installation works but the opening screen says
Version 4.1.5 (although I downloaded the 4.2 version is that still
ok?)

I can start the Demo with
Self -s Demo.snap and I can navigate on the screen but I can not use
my keyboard, it simply does not work. It just beeps. There are a few
things I do not understand. I git a few warnings and other messages
on the console
here's an except:
Self VM warning: _allocatd went negative
Self VM warning: A one-work branch may not span the gap from the ....
Self VM warning: ignoring failed Aple even: , -1708

VM version: 4.1.10 ??
Self 5 finger: Mac: no such user
finger: unkown host: this
sigchild ignored

Well I do not no what the messages mean but obviously something is
wrong.

Does anyone have encountered simular problems and/or does someone know
a work around?

Regards
Friedrich