[self-interest] Self UI question

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Oct 24 12:27:33 UTC 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 02:34, Steve Dekorte wrote:
> When clicking on an method slot, a method inspector opens containing
> the source code for the method. How do you then actually inspect the
> method *object* then? Likewise for Strings, etc.

I don't see any menu option for doing this (though changing some
preferences will probably allow you to do it), but evaluating an
expression like

   ((reflect: self) slotAt: '##') value

and then clicking on the <reflectee> pseudo-slot in the resulting
outliner gives me an outliner on the '##' method itself.

I didn't understand your problem with strings...

-- Jecel
p.s.: I hope to see some of you at OOPSLA next week. The Squeakers are
trying to organize something, probably on Tuesday night