[self-interest] Re: blocks

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Nov 21 18:10:35 UTC 2003

On Friday 21 November 2003 03:28, Mike Austin wrote:
> I believe the implementation of closures can be fairly simple in a
> dynamic language.

Sure!

> As for the efficiency - handing stack allocated
> locals and frames for example, I'm aware that this can get much more
> complex.

I am not worried about implementation tricks, but the "story" that gets
presented to the programmer. Self doesn't actually clone method objects
in the virtual machine, for example. The implementation can be as
complex as needed, as long as only implementors have to deal with it.

> Actually, I feel a bit of deja vu here, must of talked
> about it in the past :)

This is probably the fourth time I have ranted about blocks in this
list. Sorry for being repetitive, redundant and repetitive.