Position

helenameyer2000 helena at daimi.au.dk
Wed Nov 19 09:24:17 UTC 2003

--- In self-interest at yahoogroups.com, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at m...>
wrote:
> On Thursday 13 November 2003 13:43, helenameyer2000 wrote:
> > How do you get the position and height of a pluggableOutliner?
>
> Well, I see a 'rawBox' slot in the pluggableOutliner which seems
> interesting, but the "raw" indicates that I shouldn't be using it
> directly.
>
> Asking for "senders in family" gets me 'baseBounds', 'position' and
> 'position:'. So you might try
>
>      pOutliner position
>
> and
>
>      pOutliner baseBounds height
>
> where pOutliner is the object you are interested in.

We get the same position and the same height when we execute the above
two lines in different objects....
How do we grab a specific object and ask for its height?

> > How can you measure if an object is outside the screen?
>
> This is very complicated since there might be any number of windows
> showing the same world. The object might be "outside the screen" for
> one window and yet right in the middle of another window.
>
> If you don't care about this, then
>
>    | wc |
>    wc: topmostOwner anyWindowCanvas.
>    (wc offset ## wc size) intersects: baseBounds
>
> seems to get the job done.

But what are topmostOwner and anyWindowCanvas?
We think that this should be implemented in pluggableOutliner prototype.

> > The reason for this is that we are implementing a scrollbar to every
> > self object.
>
> Scrollbars in general aren't very popular in Self. What would these do?

If an object is too big and outside the screen, it can be difficult to
 move around to see what's inside the object.

Regards, Helena