[self-interest] Position

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Nov 13 22:08:10 UTC 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 13:43, helenameyer2000 wrote:
> How do you get the position and height of a pluggableOutliner?

Well, I see a 'rawBox' slot in the pluggableOutliner which seems
interesting, but the "raw" indicates that I shouldn't be using it
directly.

Asking for "senders in family" gets me 'baseBounds', 'position' and
'position:'. So you might try

     pOutliner position

and

     pOutliner baseBounds height

where pOutliner is the object you are interested in.

> How can you measure if an object is outside the screen?

This is very complicated since there might be any number of windows
showing the same world. The object might be "outside the screen" for
one window and yet right in the middle of another window.

If you don't care about this, then

   | wc |
   wc: topmostOwner anyWindowCanvas.
   (wc offset ## wc size) intersects: baseBounds

seems to get the job done.

> The reason for this is that we are implementing a scrollbar to every
> self object.

Scrollbars in general aren't very popular in Self. What would these do?