OpenGL (was: questions)

Mike Austin mike_ekim at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 04:39:06 UTC 2003

Regarding OpenGL sacalability -

MacOS Quartz Extreme is an OpenGL desktop, and I'd say 2D textures
are supported very well (each window is a texture).
SGI scales pretty well :) - http://www.sgi.com/visualization/onyx/ip/

It's all microsofts fault, Direct3D garbage.  Why can't they pick an
open standard instead of an api that changes at every release!

I'm on windows, and I've never touched D3D.  I will never touch it.
Sorry, I'm ranting. :)

Mike

--- In self-interest at yahoogroups.com, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at m...>