[self-interest] little languages

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Jan 7 19:12:58 UTC 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 03:25, christian.hresko wrote:
> has anyone on this list read (or heard things about) the book
> "Constructing Language Processors For Little Languages?"  since Self
> is a little language, i thought this would be an appropriate place to
> ask.

I have heard about this book by Randy Kaplan, but haven't read it. I
thought a friend had and had sent me some comments but I wasn't able to
find them.

Note that though it is very tempting to think of Self as a little
language due to the quest for simplicity, most attempts to treat it as
such haven't yielded good results. Little languages inspired by Self,
on the other hand, seem to be doing better (see a short list at the end
of http://www.merlintec.com:8080/Self/).